Time for a weekly meal plan, We’re still doing good with our grocery budget. Although I am definitely trying to get better with couponing, making the lists, checking the ads and saving as much as I can. Still getting better with that.
Last week I did the meal plan and it was a hit, I do not think I will be doing breakfast and lunch again as it makes it a bit too long. I will only be doing dinners from now on and I will be adding in some of my favorite desserts I love to cook also. Let’s get started!
- Monday – Chili ( I make it in the crockpot) the cost breaks down for a whopping $12 dollars total for my whole family. I also do make spaghetti noodles on the side to put the chili on.
- Tuesday – Broccoli and Cheddar soup (also done in the crockpot) We put crackers or sourdough bread boules. Cost of entire meal = $14
- Wednesday – Chicken pot pie (baked and delicious) We really love this meal and the cost is hard to beat. $10 for a whole pie.
- Thursday – Chicken noodle soup (Yes, crockpot again) It’s delicious and hot and ready by dinner time. Cost of this beautiful soup is $12 for us.
- Friday – Meatloaf dinner (Mashed potatoes, and corn on the side) We really do love this meal. The cost of this meal is $11
- Saturday – Magloubeh (mediterranean dish) It is loved by all of us, My husband is from Jordan so we incorporate mediterranean in our recipes at least once a week and sometimes 3 times a week. Cost of meal = $16
- Sunday – Pancakes, eggs and turkey bacon (more so a lunch/dinner for breakfast?) I don’t have a recipe for this, I’m pretty sure we all know how to make this one. Cost of this meal is $8. We all love this meal on a Sunday, it’s nice to relax and have a big breakfast/dinner.
This sums up our week to come. Weekly total of $83 for dinners.
What’s on your menu this week? Have any recipes to share? (Please leave one!)